Raja rani ke bangle
Worship sites of ruler family
The lattice of stones carved inside the fortress have their own artistic importance.Almost all the architecture fortress have impact of Mughal Style. Lattice are carved very closely and on the upper side of those lattices flowers are carved left right and inside and “Allah Taalaa ” is engraved in Arab Language. There for when the fortress was built it was kept in mind to make their Mughal Emperors happy.The construction of this fortress was started at 1701 AD by Maharaj Badane Singh and completed b Mahraja Mahasingh at 1725 AD.This fortress has total three inscriptions present.
Mahadwar – Peoples have belief about this door that on the day of Dushehra every year a goat was slaughtered and its blood was filled in a tank just above the door which drips drops by drop from a cell or opening. But it looks that due to the red color of this door the peoples have started calling it ” Khooni Darwaza “
Deewan-e-Aam – This part of the fortress was used during local gathering or celebration of community festivals. Scaffold of 4′x50′x80′ size is there for the sitting of the king and other prestigious peoples, a catacomb is also there just below the scaffold. On all the edges of scaffold flagstones are carved with beautiful shelfs for putting lamps in it and on the right side of scaffold there is a place to tie an elephant of the king with red stones.
Deewan-e-khaas – It has a beautiful garden and fountains with a octagon scaffold right in the middle with peices of octagonal marbles and red stones. A Mughal Style sitting place of the king on the south front of this scaffold at Deewan-e-Khaas.A temple is also there just at the right side of this scaffold. Just below the temple there is a bathroom of the queens having lattices for fresh air and light with mazes in which anyone can get lost in for playing and entertainment.Porches are there in front left and right side of this part.
Satkhanda – At the south of Deewan-e-Khaas seven floor septagonal building called “Satkhanda” of which two floors are catacomb and 5 floors are normal.From the top of “Satkhanda” building one can wach miles away from Ater. North part of this buliding was used as a security checkpost which is having an amazing look of the river also. Mortar including calmshell mixture is used at every floor of the building having its shine and whitish look same at present as in the past with red stone lattices.
Bungalow or King and Queen – From the second floor of satkhanda there is a passage to reach the bungalow of King and Queen . This bungalow is founded on the pillars with lattices to look out the nature from inside with a roof.Small rooms are located on both the sides of the porch which is build up of mortar mixed with clamshell. On the left side of the porch a lamp holder shelf with Lord Laxmi carved holding a elephant upside down by its tail. There carvings are the symbol of celebration of happiness after winning another state . This part of the building was used for fun during summers and rainy season. A flagstone of Maharaja Bakht Singh adorned with designation of “Maharajadhiraaj” of 1822AD is situated on the top of this building with Mohammad Ami who was perhaps the artisan of that time.
The rule of Jaats started at Gohad in the reign of Sinhan Dev Pratham of Pachokhara . The independent authority of Jaat rulers on Gohad belongs to Sikandar Lodhi (1489-1517 AD) and Maansingh tomar of Gwalior. But the jaat rulers were very positive and gets supports from each and every one. Almost 15 rulers ruled from this dynasty in which noteworthy are Sinhan dev 2 , rana bheem singh , rana chatra singh . As per the tales of Jaagaa the fortress of Gohad was built by Sinhan Dev 2 around 16th century .